Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home4/mfoster/public_html/cb/forums/include/common.php on line 62

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home4/mfoster/public_html/cb/forums/include/common.php:62) in /home4/mfoster/public_html/cb/forums/header.php on line 31

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home4/mfoster/public_html/cb/forums/include/common.php:62) in /home4/mfoster/public_html/cb/forums/header.php on line 32

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home4/mfoster/public_html/cb/forums/include/common.php:62) in /home4/mfoster/public_html/cb/forums/header.php on line 33

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home4/mfoster/public_html/cb/forums/include/common.php:62) in /home4/mfoster/public_html/cb/forums/header.php on line 34
Cross-Browser.com / xenabledrag question

Cross-Browser.com

X Library Forums

You are not logged in.

Announcement

New user registration is currently disabled.

#1 April 27, 2011 6:03:23 pm

shaun1258

xenabledrag question

Hello!

Back again...

I'm trying to use the xenabledrag script to do much the same thing as the pick-a-card page.  What I have is a series of "cards" on a page that contain employee information.  They are laid out like the cards in the given example, with just enough of the card sticking out underneath to see the persons name on the left-hand side.  The effect I would like to achieve is changing the z-index on any card chosen in the pile so that it would come into view.  Just like if I were to pick, say, the 4th card from the left on the example page:  I can grab it, and it is exposed without pulling away the rest of the cards.

Problem is, I can't decipher what part of the js given with the example controls this feature.

Any help would be great!  I've had a blast playing with these scripts so far.

Thanks,
Shaun

#2 May 2, 2011 3:29:56 pm

MikeFoster
Administrator
Website

Re: xenabledrag question

Hi Shaun, sorry for the late reply. I've been without electricity since Wednesday of last week because of the tornados. I'm trying to get caught up on things and will take a look at this some time tonight. Thanks! smile

#3 May 3, 2011 11:35:43 am

MikeFoster
Administrator
Website

Re: xenabledrag question

Fun stuff! smile

Have a look at this new demo: Pick A Card Demo 2

It seems that bringing a floated element "to top" doesn't work as we might expect. The negative margin might also be a factor, I'm not sure. So I reimplemented it using position:absolute.

Board footer