Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home4/mfoster/public_html/cb/forums/include/common.php on line 62

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home4/mfoster/public_html/cb/forums/include/common.php:62) in /home4/mfoster/public_html/cb/forums/header.php on line 31

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home4/mfoster/public_html/cb/forums/include/common.php:62) in /home4/mfoster/public_html/cb/forums/header.php on line 32

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home4/mfoster/public_html/cb/forums/include/common.php:62) in /home4/mfoster/public_html/cb/forums/header.php on line 33

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home4/mfoster/public_html/cb/forums/include/common.php:62) in /home4/mfoster/public_html/cb/forums/header.php on line 34
Cross-Browser.com / xfenster and iframe

Cross-Browser.com

X Library Forums

You are not logged in.

Announcement

New user registration is currently disabled.

#1 March 14, 2011 3:28:03 am

jeff

xfenster and iframe

Hi,

I'm have an iframe with 100% attributes (height and width) to fit the xfenster window size (width:500-height:300) but whenever i maximize the xfenster window the iframe does not reload itself to fit with xfenster maximized window size, how can I reload the iframe whenever the xfenster window maximized or restored to the original size? thanks in advance for your help

Regards,
Jeff

#2 March 14, 2011 9:40:35 am

MikeFoster
Administrator
Website

Re: xfenster and iframe

Hi jeff, welcome to the forums!

You don't need to give the iframe 100% width and height. When the fenster is resized it will also resize the iframe, and then the window.resize event will fire on the iframe page. Reloading the page in the iframe via Js in the main page is complicated by the browser security model. lovelybh was just asking about this here.

#3 March 14, 2011 1:47:18 pm

jeff

It seems it does not resize the iframe, the point here i have a chart "flash object" and i want to display multiple charts in the same page with multiple xfenster windows, i'm using 100% width and height to show the full chart inside the xfenster windows and when I maximize one of the windows it should maximize the iframe (the chart) as well but unfortunately it does not, I have to right click on the xfenster and reload the frame manually!!

is it possible to start xfenster maximized or minimized? rather than defining width and height? and thanks.

Regards,
Jeff

#4 March 14, 2011 10:11:33 pm

MikeFoster
Administrator
Website

So, you have 100% width and height on the flash <object> or <embed> element, and the flash object is not resizing when the fenster is maximized...

but are you sure that the iframe itself is also not resizing?

is the page in the iframe getting a resize event when the fenster is maximized?

Is there a way you can make a test case available for me to look at?

You can omit the width and height when creating an xFenster, and then call its "maximize" method. However, omitting the width and height  just makes it default to an initial size of 200x200.

#5 March 15, 2011 11:03:36 am

jeff

Thanks Mike for your support, really appreciated. Yes the iframe is not resizing if i maximize the fenster, however if I minimize the fenster and then maximize it, the iframe refreshed (only in FF, not in IE8 or chrome). I solved the problem by creating the fenster minimized...

Regards,
Jeff

#6 March 15, 2011 11:42:52 am

MikeFoster
Administrator
Website

Hi Jeff, I'm glad you found a work-around.

Thanks! smile

Board footer