Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home4/mfoster/public_html/cb/forums/include/common.php on line 62

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home4/mfoster/public_html/cb/forums/include/common.php:62) in /home4/mfoster/public_html/cb/forums/header.php on line 31

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home4/mfoster/public_html/cb/forums/include/common.php:62) in /home4/mfoster/public_html/cb/forums/header.php on line 32

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home4/mfoster/public_html/cb/forums/include/common.php:62) in /home4/mfoster/public_html/cb/forums/header.php on line 33

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home4/mfoster/public_html/cb/forums/include/common.php:62) in /home4/mfoster/public_html/cb/forums/header.php on line 34
Cross-Browser.com / panels using xEnableDrag seem to "accellerate" movement at times

Cross-Browser.com

X Library Forums

You are not logged in.

Announcement

New user registration is currently disabled.

• Index
  •  » X Applications
  •  » panels using xEnableDrag seem to "accellerate" movement at times

#1 December 1, 2009 2:48:20 pm

DaveMorton
Website

panels using xEnableDrag seem to "accellerate" movement at times

Hey, folks.

I have a strange problem involving the x library, when used in an ajax chat page that I'm creating. The link to the "work in progress" is below:

http://www.geekcavecreations.com/pChat/

There are several "panels" on the page that use xEnableDrag, and when the page first loads, they all move just as intended. Yet, once someone logs in, and chats a bit, the panels move faster and faster when dragged. I'm fairly sure that the problem itself isn't in the code for x, but in what I've come up with to perform the ajax functions. I'm just not 100% sure where the error is coming from. I currently don't have xDebug compiled into my library, and, TBH, I'm not entirely sure what I'd be looking for. There are still a lot of features of the chat page that are inoperative, but it's functional enough to illustrate my problem. Any pointers, suggestions, comments, etc. would be humbly and gratefully taken into consideration. Thanks for your time.

P.S. I'm more than happy to provide any and all code (except for my config file, which only contains my DB user info smile ) that pertains to this problem.

Safe, Reliable Insanity, since 1961!
http://www.geekcavecreations.com

#2 December 2, 2009 12:37:55 am

MikeFoster
Administrator
Website

Re: panels using xEnableDrag seem to "accellerate" movement at times

Hi Dave! Welcome to the forums! Are you the same DaveMorton that I know from hftonline.com? Wow, it's been a long time - it's great to hear from you!

Just saw your post, and wanted to say hi before I get off this puter for the night. I'm looking forward to looking at your app. I've also been using X in a large ajax app at work and have ran into some gotchas also. Sometimes there is a problem with event listeners getting registered more than once, but taking a quick look at your code, that doesn't seem to be the case here. You've done great work with this, really well done! I'll look at it more tomorrow.  Thanks! smile

#3 December 2, 2009 2:14:14 am

DaveMorton
Website

Thanks, Mike! And yes, I'm the same Dave. It's been a long time, but I still follow you on sitepoint and HFT when I can. I just don't post much any more. I hadn't thought about the possibility of xEnableDrag being called twice, and it actually may be, since it's called by initChat, and it's called more than once. I may have to split initChat into 2 functions, and set the calls accordingly.

BTW, folks. I'm going to need "beta testers" for this project soon. If anyone's willing to help me work out the bugs, please let me know. Also, any suggestions for features, improvements, etc. are always welcome.

#4 December 2, 2009 4:10:24 am

DaveMorton
Website

That was, indeed, the problem. Thanks for the tip, Mike! Now to work out the remaining challenges. I still have to work on parsing both commands and colors, and I have to implement a private message system. Most of these challenges will be in the back-end code, which is PHP, and not related to x, but if anyone has any suggestions along those lines, I'd be grateful (though I think I'll start another thread, just to keep things neat). Again, Thank you. big_smile

Last edited by DaveMorton (December 2, 2009 4:10:44 am)

• Index
  •  » X Applications
  •  » panels using xEnableDrag seem to "accellerate" movement at times

Board footer