Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home4/mfoster/public_html/cb/forums/include/common.php on line 62

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home4/mfoster/public_html/cb/forums/include/common.php:62) in /home4/mfoster/public_html/cb/forums/header.php on line 31

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home4/mfoster/public_html/cb/forums/include/common.php:62) in /home4/mfoster/public_html/cb/forums/header.php on line 32

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home4/mfoster/public_html/cb/forums/include/common.php:62) in /home4/mfoster/public_html/cb/forums/header.php on line 33

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home4/mfoster/public_html/cb/forums/include/common.php:62) in /home4/mfoster/public_html/cb/forums/header.php on line 34
Cross-Browser.com / Using xTableHeaderFixed and X Floater Fixed together

Cross-Browser.com

X Library Forums

You are not logged in.

Announcement

New user registration is currently disabled.

#1 January 25, 2010 9:25:22 pm

LeexMiller

Using xTableHeaderFixed and X Floater Fixed together

I have implemented X Floater Fixed successfully. I attempted to implement xTableHeaderFixed on the same page.
What I noticed was that as I scrolled the table (demo 1, table 2), 3/4 of the header disappeared up under the X Floater Fixed menu bar before it stopped moving. Enough was hidden so that I couldn't read the header information. I was wondering if anyone knew the best place to change the offset to take into account the existence of the X Floater Fixed? If it is needed, I can post jpegs that demonstrate the problem.

Thanks

#2 January 26, 2010 1:00:08 am

MikeFoster
Administrator
Website

Re: Using xTableHeaderFixed and X Floater Fixed together

Hi LeexMiller, Welcome to the forums!

I'm afraid I was just about to shut this puter down and hit the sack. I'll catch up with you in the morning.

Thanks!

#3 January 26, 2010 7:13:18 am

LeexMiller

Catch ya later...

Thanks

#4 January 26, 2010 2:57:14 pm

LeexMiller

I solved it by moving the fixed bar to the bottom of the viewport. Now that I have done that, I think it looks better with the table header fixed at the top. The menu bar is not a focal point anyway so it can survive at the bottom.

I guess the only thing that would be a nice enhancement would be if the menu bar was hidden unless the mouse was moved over that area and then it appears. Kinda like the Windows taskbar can be set to.

#5 January 26, 2010 9:11:50 pm

MikeFoster
Administrator
Website

Sorry for the late reply - but it looks like you took care of it - great! But this is a situation that's going to come up - and has already occurred for me - needing a vertical offset applied to the fixed header. So I'll eventually add that feature to the object. Thanks!

Hey that's a great idea for the auto-hiding menu at the bottom - I like that!

#6 June 29, 2010 1:46:55 pm

chris.fewtrell

Hi

I have the same issue as LeexMiller - except that my border has to be fixed to the top of the screen. 
I don't suppose you have added that feature to the object?  I had a cursory look at the source and it seemed not.

#7 June 30, 2010 10:52:52 pm

MikeFoster
Administrator
Website

Hi Chris, Welcome to the forums!

I may be utilizing xTHF in a project at work over the next few days. I may end up needing this feature myself then. I'll post back soon.

Thanks! smile

#8 July 7, 2010 10:12:51 pm

MikeFoster
Administrator
Website

I've started another demo to experiment with this. Have a look here: xthf7

#9 July 11, 2010 6:07:37 am

chris.fewtrell

Nice one.  The demo works well.

#10 November 2, 2010 8:46:38 am

chris.fewtrell

Apologies for "bumping" old thread.

We have been using the latest (v10) version of xTableHeaderFixed and have found a couple of minor issues - specifically when the table content is wider than the browser window. 
What happens is that the fixed table's heading no longer align correctly with the table cells in the main table.

You can see for yourself by looking at the demo page demo and reduce the width of your browser so that it is very narrow - then scroll up and down until you see the fixed headings at the top of the screen.

The problem is that the browser will reduce the width of a table column to below that specified in the "width" CSS style if the table is wider than the browser window.  The browser will reduce the width (as the browser gets narrower) until an absolute minimum is reached when the content of the columns cannot be wrapped any further and any further reduction in width would mean that the content would not fit in the column.  Because the main table has more content in its columns (it has data in the TBODY as well as THEAD), the minimum width of its columns will differ from the fixed table that the JavaScript generated (which only contains the THEAD). 

The only fix I could find to this problem was to set the width on the table as well as the THs.  I have made some changes to the code that seem to fix the problem described - see here
(I have also made a couple of other minor changes - all changes are commented with "//EDIT").

I don't know if there is a better way to fix this issue but if you do release a later version of this code, perhaps you would consider including these changes in it.

Cheers

Chris

Last edited by chris.fewtrell (November 2, 2010 8:51:00 am)

#11 November 2, 2010 1:40:45 pm

MikeFoster
Administrator
Website

Hi chris.fewtrell,

It's good to hear from you! I also have found that there are some cases where the width of the header-table needs to be explicitly set. I'm currently testing a possible fix for clipping the header-table to fit its parent and ran into that. Here's a related thread

Thanks!

#12 November 2, 2010 1:42:31 pm

MikeFoster
Administrator
Website

Forgot to mention... I'll be taking a look at your code changes. Thanks!

#13 November 5, 2010 8:51:05 pm

MikeFoster
Administrator
Website

Good stuff. I've implemented your code and suggestions in rev 11. Thanks!

Board footer