Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home4/mfoster/public_html/cb/forums/include/common.php on line 62

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home4/mfoster/public_html/cb/forums/include/common.php:62) in /home4/mfoster/public_html/cb/forums/header.php on line 31

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home4/mfoster/public_html/cb/forums/include/common.php:62) in /home4/mfoster/public_html/cb/forums/header.php on line 32

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home4/mfoster/public_html/cb/forums/include/common.php:62) in /home4/mfoster/public_html/cb/forums/header.php on line 33

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home4/mfoster/public_html/cb/forums/include/common.php:62) in /home4/mfoster/public_html/cb/forums/header.php on line 34
Cross-Browser.com / xTabPanelGroup external data

Cross-Browser.com

X Library Forums

You are not logged in.

Announcement

New user registration is currently disabled.

#1 November 5, 2009 9:49:12 am

jcklabatt

xTabPanelGroup external data

Hi Mike,

Thank you for this awesome program (xTabPanelGroup) and all of the effort you put into it.

A quick question...can I use PHP "includes" on the index.php page to point to external data? For example:

<a href='#tpg15' class='tabDefault'>Data</a>

<div id='tpg15' class='tabPanel'>
   <?php include("external_page/data.php"); ?>
</div>

I'm attempting to "modularize" the tabbed data which will change quite frequently. This would be extremely helpful.

Thanks in advance,
Jack

#2 November 5, 2009 11:52:32 am

MikeFoster
Administrator
Website

Re: xTabPanelGroup external data

Hi jcklabatt, you are very welcome.

Welcome to the forums!

Yes, I think that is a great idea to use php includes for the content of each tab panel.

#3 November 5, 2009 1:21:55 pm

jcklabatt

Thanks for the quick reply. As an initial test, I've attempted to create an include for one tab panel but I can't seem to get it to work.

I'm calling a file named "data.php" which contains simply "<p>test</p>"

<a href='#tpg15' class='tabDefault'>Data</a>

<div id='tpg15' class='tabPanel'>
   <?php include("data.php"); ?>
</div>

Have you been able to use PHP includes? Or do you recommend alternative code for grabbing external data?

Thanks again,
Jack

#4 November 5, 2009 1:49:41 pm

jcklabatt

Please ignore the previous message...works like a charm! I'm using WAMP but I didn't have the service running wink

I'll send you a link once the application is finished.

Thanks again,
Jack

#5 November 5, 2009 6:28:25 pm

MikeFoster
Administrator
Website

I'm using WAMP but I didn't have the service running wink

LOL! Oh I've done that many times smile

Board footer